Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Attempting the Park

Every morning I get up and watch the news while I'm feeding Jillian. Mostly I like to know what the traffic and weather is like (I know you're thinking, "Why do you need to know about the traffic? You stay at home with Jillian all day..." I realize this but I still like to warn Sean about how good or bad it is when he walks out the door. I don't think he cares if I check it or not but that's another story). So today I notice that it's supposed to be around 70 degrees until the afternoon when a cold front comes in. I dress Jillian accordingly in a little summer dress and think that we should walk to the park today as the rest of the week is looking pretty crummy. Around one o'clock I get itching to get outside so I slather Jilly with sunscreen, put a sun hat on her, strap her in the stroller and take off. Once I step outside I realize it's a bit on the windy side so I grab a blanket to wrap around Jillian. We start off down the sidewalk heading in the direction of the park and I realize that it is cold! I look up and the sun that was out just moments before had disappeared behind massive amounts of clouds. So much for the park. We loop around in a big circle and go back home. Jillian's legs are so cold when we get inside and my feet are still cold from the venture (I'm writing this 7 hours later by the way). I don't know if you can tell how yucky it is outside by the picture but the wind is blowing quite hard and the mountains are covered by dark clouds.

On a side note, isn't Jillian supercute in this purple and white sunhat that her Grandma Galland got her? She didn't even seem to mind it on her head and that is saying a lot! I just had to get some pictures of her in it even if they're just of her sitting in the stroller and not playing at the park.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Hi Holly!
I was just wandering through blogland when I happened upon your blog.
What a little cutie Jillian is!
You and your hubby must be thrilled to be mommy and daddy on a full time basis!
Thanks for letting me take a peek.
Have a good week!

Heather J. said...

Jillian is a cutie. It has been so cold here. Today I woke up to snow on the ground! It isn't fun to stuck in the house.

Lanae said...

That last picture is priceless with the tilted eyebrow. Don't you just wonder what she is thinking? What a doll!