Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics

I love the Olympics. I have ever since I was little although the only events I cared about then were gymnastics and figure skating. I've broadened my tastes now and love to watch most events. I love cheering for the Americans, whether they are the favorites or the underdogs in any given event. I love it when snotty French swimmers say they are going to crush the Americans and the Americans come back and win the gold. I always feel such a great sense of pride in my country during the Olympic games and cannot get enough of seeing our flag flying and our national anthem playing during medal ceremonies. I love the human interest stories that get you hooked on a certain Olympian no matter what country they are from. I love the Olympics.

Did anyone watch the 4x100 freestyle relay swim with Michael Phelps, Cullen Jones, Jason Lezack, Garrett Weber-Gale last night? Amazing!

1 comments:

Heather J. said...

I love the olympics too! The times I wish I had tv- General Conference time and Olympics time. However, thank goodness for the internet. I have been watching highlights on it so I watched the relay this morning on the net. Probably not as great as watching it on tv, but still it got me all excited. :) Fun race. Michael Phelps is like a flipping machine. I think he is better looking wet, then dry... just a side note there. ;)