Thursday, June 25, 2009

Even more trip pics

I can't believe we've been back from Washington for two weeks and I still haven't finished blogging about it.


One of the best parts of our trip was to meet our new niece, Anna, just a couple days after she was born.
My mom saw this picture of Sean with Anna and she said, "Sean is much more photogenic when there is a baby in the picture." True that, Mom (Don't worry, Sean knows this as well, this is why we try to shove a baby in any picture he's in. Why do you think I have so many of him with Jillian?).




Also, on our last night there I was conned into playing a piano duet with my sister at her end of the year piano concert. I had to practice a lot to whip myself back into shape (and I had the easy part!). I don't know how many years it's been since I played the piano in front of an audience.

Me with Rosemary's piano teacher (and mine many years ago), Marilyn Linde, and Rosemary.

*Sidenote: It is pretty obvious in this picture that I have a little preggo tummy. So when people come up to me after they find out I'm expecting and say things like, "Oh, you're not even showing!" it totally bums me out. I mean c'mon. I'm not always this fat, am I? Maybe you shouldn't answer that...*

Ok, I only have one more Washington post to go but it needs to be bundled with another event that is happening this weekend (think Pomp and Circumstance). Then we'll be done with the trip posts and we can get back to mundane things such as dishes and laundry posts. Actually, I don't think I've ever posted about laundry...

4 comments:

Heather J. said...

Stephen is more photogenic with a baby in the pic as well. Maybe because they know no one will be paying attention to how they look so they look more natural. I don't know.

Sam said...

ooooh, that's my least favorite thing ever... when people say things about how 'you don't even look pregnant' - mix a comment like that with hormones, and it's just MEAN.

You totally look pregnant too! ;o)

Mr. and Mrs. S said...

I don't remeber ever seeing you THAT fat! ;) jk You have a very cute baby bump!

The Elms said...

Congrats Holly! I've been really bad at checking blogs and doing my own lately- sorry it's taken so long! I'm very excited for your # 2! And I can see the baby bump, people are so weird when it comes to pregnancy comments, like all normal tack is out the window. When I was like 6 or 7 months with Ellie people were telling me I was going to have her the next day I was so big- thanks, I have 3 more months to go...