Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We're having a...

We had our 20-week ultrasound today. Sean had taken the morning off in preparation to go with me. When I got up this morning I discovered him in the bathroom where he had been all night being sick. So I left Jillian watching Wall-E and Sean kinda watching Jillian and headed off to the ultrasound by myself.

I didn't really have any big feelings about what we were having this time. When I was pregnant with Jillian I knew she was going to be a girl. I kept calling Jilly and this baby "the girls" but I think it was out of ease, not necessarily out of any feeling that I was carrying another girl. Turns out my Freudian slip was ok because we are having another girl! I was pretty relieved (think of all the money I'll save by not having to buy everything in blue! Plus the girls can share a room when they're a bit older) although we would've been happy with a boy too. Baby girl #2 looks good, there wasn't any problems that the technician or doctor could see and I'm measuring a week late (surprise, surprise) but not enough to change my due date so we are looking forward to our second daughter arriving around Thanksgiving!

Sorry, no pictures, I need to scan them in.

3 comments:

Sheila C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila C. said...

Sorry to hear that Sean was sick and missed out on all the fun, Hope he gets feeling better and congrads! on your little girl

Melissa said...

What exciting news! Another little girl and a sister for Jilly! Have you thought of any names or anything like that? So excited for you guys...