Thursday, January 7, 2010

Two-year olds are an adventure...


Jillian had her 24-month well check today. Here are her stats:
Jillian weighs 27 lbs which puts her in the 73rd percentile (!!!) and she is 34 inches tall which put her in the 62nd percentile. The doctor is obviously not worried about her being underweight anymore and in fact mentioned to me that they start watching kids who are over the 85th percentile for being at risk for being overweight. The doctor said Jilly was looking good so we are happy with that. She did get four shots today and was not happy about that (lots of screaming was involved) but once she got a sucker she was good to go.
This morning Sean was watching the girls while I was getting ready to take Jilly to the doctor (i.e. taking a nap on the couch) and Jilly stripped out of her jammies and diaper and was walking around naked. I got suspicious when I noticed that it was so quiet in the other room. Anyway, we think that this is a good sign that we start potty training so I'm sure I'll be blogging my potty training stories in the future.

Jillian is very rambunctious and loves to sing and play. She is very helpful with her little sister and loves to help cook and do dishes. We are glad she's part of our family!

2 comments:

Heather J. said...

Yay! She has grown up a lot. Good luck with potty training when you start. We will be doing that in the near future ourselves. I hear girls are easier.

Amy said...

I absolutely love this picture. I love her expression. Totally 2.