Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rough times

The last couple weeks have been rough for our family. I got laid off a couple weeks ago and then we found out Monday that Sean was being laid off as well. I understand that the economy is not great right now and that things like this just happen but it is still hard to take when they happen to you. We are pretty sure that Sean can get a new job quickly (he has already had an interview) so right now we are playing the wait and see game. I know that if we remain positive and continue to do what we know to be right the Lord will see us through this difficult time.

7 comments:

mommymelb said...

I'm so sorry Holly! That's the crappers! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Heather J. said...

I'm sorry you are having rough times. It is not fun. We are in the midst of ours. I'm sorry you have to be too.
On the plus side, you have a very cute daughter!

Sheila C. said...

Oh, that is the pitts!! That exact thing happened to us when we were first married. I had planned to quit work to have Melanie and on my last day at work Nathan got laid off...I thought the world had come to an end but we managed! We will pray for you. Things will get better.

Amy said...

Whatever doesn't kill you, will just make you stronger.

Wouldn't you just love to strangle the person who thought that first?

I hope everything works out...and they will. Keep having your trust and faith in the Lord. He will see you and your family through.


P.S. They are always looking for teachers in Asia. All you need is a bachelor's degree. Interested?? =-)

Unknown said...

Oh, I hope things work out. How frustrating - especially around the holidays. It's a stress no one wants. Keep us posted on Sean's job prospects. You all are in our prayers.

Melissa said...

I know what you're talking about, but just remember to stay positive and keep moving forward! I think that's the only thing that really works when you're experiencing challenges. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Holly and Matthew said...

Oh gosh Holly! I am so sorry to hear that. I toally agree with you regarding the positive outlook and having faith in the Lord. We can only try our very best and rely upon the Lord for extra strength and needed energy to tackle the trials before us. We will keep you in our prayers. :) We love you and wish you good luck with upcoming interviews! :)