Friday, September 25, 2009

29

Yesterday I turned 29 years old. I talked to a lady at church about turning 29 and she asked if I was turning 29 again. I told her no, it was my first time and she called me a "29 virgin."

So for my first 29th birthday I decided I was going whip my house into shape (don't forget, I'm nesting in a big way). So my room is clean (I even vacuumed under my bed) and I caught up on some laundry (still more to go today). Jillian and I went to the store and window shopped and bought a new bath mat and later on in the evening we drove to Salt Lake to have dinner with my friends. Jillian decided not to take an afternoon nap so the 45 minute drive to SLC conked her out.We all met at Red Robin where there was a life sized Red Robin walking around and waving at people. Jillian liked to look at him (or her, the bird had some slim legs) but when he got too close she jumped up on Melissa's lap. Apparently, giant birds are only ok at a distance. I didn't get a picture with the bird, but now I wished I would have.

Me, Melissa, and Josh (and if you notice the people in the background are looking at the camera and smiling as well. Weirdos).

Melissa gave me these cute "Count Your Blessings" blocks for a birthday/housewarming gift. Oops, I didn't tell her before we met up that we weren't moving but never fear, I found a good home for them in my apartment.
All in all it was a good birthday. I'm only posting about it because my sister wanted a birthday post. Plus I hate having that depressing house post right at the top. I'm killing two birds with one stone here. Just not a Red Robin;)


3 comments:

Sheila C. said...

I am glad that you had a good birthday!

Melissa said...

You are so funny...this post is hilarious. Way not to kill the Red Robin. And I love where you put the blocks! They look so adorable! I broke down this morning and bought a Halloween BOO that I had to have for Halloween. I'm such a glutton for all things decorated.

Heather J. said...

Love the blocks. Thanks for putting a birthday post. It is a crime not to mention your b-day on your blog. I would say that it's not everyday that you turn 29, but apparently some people do.