Thursday, November 12, 2009

38 weeks

I had my weekly doctor appointment today. I saw the nurse practitioner. She checked me out, things were good until she realized that she couldn't feel the baby's head. So she decided to do a quick ultrasound just to check things out. She got the machine ready and had me gooped up and was waving the wand all around my stomach where the head is supposed to be and said, "Good, there's the head, right where it should be." Then she kept moving the wand around because she saw something unusual. "Oh, that's not the head! That's the abdomen!" Turns out my lovely little lady is breech! The NP went out to get the doctor (who was there thankfully!) and we went over my options. Next week we are going to try to turn the baby around and if that is successful they'll induce right then. If it's unsuccessful we'll go right into a c-section. Either way we'll have a baby sometime next week. Right now we are just waiting for the doctor's office to call me to let me know when to come in to have this baby! Not how I wanted things to go, but as long as she's healthy then we'll all be ok.

4 comments:

Sheila C. said...

Oh dear!!! I hope that things go well for both all of you.

Mr. and Mrs. S said...

Good luck- I hope everything works out! Do you have a name picked out yet?

Berkley said...

Good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

Unknown said...

I hope all goes well and this baby girl will turn for you. But if not, like you said, a healthy baby is the top priority. I'll be thinking of you next week and anxiously waiting for more news! :)