Monday, November 16, 2009

Turning

I've been reading up on how to turn a baby on your own, just in case something popped up that sounded like it would work. Most of the things they tell you to try are pretty darn funny. For example:

1. Do a headstand in a pool. .

2. Put your earbuds from your iPod down your pants, next to your pubic bone.

3. Lay your ironing board on your couch, lie down on it upside down, run a flashlight down your stomach from the top of your uterus to your pubic bone. Also, you can put an ice pack at the top of your uterus and stick your earbuds down your pants while in this position.

4. Clip a clothespin on the outside of each pinky toe (this has something to do with pressure points).

5. Visualize your baby turning around and putting her head down into your pelvis.

There are plenty more, some more amusing than others. I can see the benefit of some of the methods but others seem a little ridiculous/impossible to me. Like doing a headstand in a pool, I couldn't do that even if I wasn't 9 months pregnant! I thought about trying some of these but haven't invested much time into self-turning this child. Especially since they tell you to try these starting at 35 weeks (I'll be 39 on Wednesday). Seems like it's a little too late to take matters into my own hands.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Note to Sean: hide earbuds!

Seriously, our very best Holly, we love you!

Keith & Lori