Saturday, October 2, 2010

Birthday Party Weekend

Sean and I turned 30 last weekend. Here are some birthday party pictures. Sean got me this cute purse. Good Job Sean!


Jillian was so excited to open presents so I copied her face. Of course, Sean took a picture of me being crazy.

Jillian models my new bag.


Blowing out the candles on my cake (which was gluten free and delicious). Funny cake story: I was trying to make a torte (a layered cake with cream filling). The cake crumbled as I took it out of the pan but I figured I could make it work. So as I was layering it, the cake started sliding apart. I hurried and finished and got it frosted and decided it needed some stabilization. All that I had that would work were some straws. So I stuck the cake full of straws. It worked out ok and we decided to stick candles in the straws so they'd be even more useful!


The inside of the cake. Not the prettiest thing but very good. Also, Eric and Tami came to help me celebrate and you can see Tami holding Jillian (we didn't get any pictures of them unless you count the fuzzy ones Jillian tried to take but they were there).



Monday was Sean's birthday.


He got a Kindle eReader which he loves. He has all kinds of weird books on there but soon I will have to borrow it and put some good books on it. ;)

Jilly had to check out the Kindle. Look at how slim it is!


Sean is in love!
My mom sent me a card saying I was officially grown up now (not sure what I was the last 10 years or so). I don't feel more grown up but I do feel old!

3 comments:

Sheila C. said...

Fun Fun birthday presents...I wish I was in your family!! Love the purse and a Kindell would be so fun.

Loraine S. said...

I have some great gluten free recipes. 3 of my 5 kids have celiacs. We have came across some really good recipes. There is a gluten free expo at the south town expo center next weekend. They are doing breakfasts and a variety of things. should me interesting.

Heather J. said...

Fun Birthday stuff! Stephen really, really, REALLY wants a Nook. Sean will have to let us know how the Kindel is. :)