Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Fall Tradition

Sean had never made Caramel Apples and since they are a big part of fall for me (I always got one at the fair or we made them at home) I decided we needed to make some for him.

Unwrapping the caramels.

Trying to sneak a caramel but all that chewing gave her away.

Apples are ready!


The apples had lots of bubbles on them when we where done. I thought it looked like witche's warts so was appropriate for the season. The bubbles went away as the caramel set up.

We had a good time with the apples. I probably had the best time as I think I ate most of them (not all in one day!). It's just not fall for me without a caramel apple treat!




4 comments:

Heather J. said...

Dang it, now I really want a caramel apple! Too bad, we don't live closer to each other we could have done a joint thing. I don't see myself doing it at our house. I'd probably be the only one to eat them. The boys would probably try to eat the caramel off the apple though...

mommymelb said...

Oooohhhh....we're going to have to make these really soon now!

Melissa said...

I love that you called the bubbles witches warts. Kaylin found a recipe for using a melon baller to scoop out little balls of apples and then dip those in caramels...and then they're mini-caramel apples. I like this idea much better, more caramel to apple ratio. Plus, they're stinking cute.

Unknown said...

I'm so with you on the caramel apples. :) My dad used to work for a company that grew granny smith apples, so he'd usually bring home a whole box (30 or so) carmamel apples for us to enjoy. Good memories! What a fun tradition to start with your family. :)