Sunday, October 18, 2009

Party!

Friday was one of those days where you have too much to do and not enough day to do it in. Jillian had a Halloween Party with her class at church. I wish I could get a better picture of the invitation because it was so cute.
Of course, since she was going to be a fairy, she had to have curly hair. I figured she would rip the curlers out after wearing them for just a few minutes but she left them in until her hair was (mostly) dry.All dressed up and ready to party. She is eating a pumpkin shaped pretzel in this picture and she loved it. Now when she wants a pretzel she says, "Punkin pretzel" and I have to tell her that we only have regular ones. Hitting the pinata. She wanted a turn so badly and then wasn't quite sure what to do when she got the stick. She got the hang of it and when her turn was over she cried and cried because she wanted another turn (oh, and it was past nap time at this point, probably why there were so many tears).After the pinata we came home and put Jilly to bed and I started frosting some mini pumpkin cupcakes for a church activity we had later that evening. I thought this would make a cute picture and then realized you don't see the 60+ cupcakes I made so it is not so amazing...There are most of the cupcakes (I could only fit 54 on the cookie sheet so I left 10 at home). Whew, I forget why I never make cupcakes...Jilly enjoying the candy corns that were decorating the table. She has a sweet tooth, just like her mom. We had a fun "party day" but hope then next time we have a party it'll be one day at a time!

4 comments:

Heather J. said...

Cute, cute, cute. Good thing she had a costume all ready to party in or maybe it's a good thing she had a party to wear her costume to.

Sheila C. said...

Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of work!

Melissa said...

Jilly looks possessed with that stick. She's on a mission.

Anonymous said...

I think she has grown up way too much since I saw her last!!!!!!

MOM