Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chloe's 1st Birthday

I can't believe my little Chloe is a whole year old! This has been on crazy year with three hospital stays and dozens of other doctor appointments! This girl sure taught me a lot about medicine this year. Good thing we love her so much! Hanging out this morning in her jammies.
Self portrait of me and Chloe.

Her birthday girl shirt from Aunt Alyssa.
I wanted to do something different for Chloe's birthday cake. I saw some cute cake pops on bakerella.com that I wanted to try. She mentions that cake balls are a little bit easier on newbies so I decided to try those out first. Promise not to laugh at how they turned out:



Not a pretty sight but I think I can do better next time. I've got some things figured out so I'm planning on trying these again and hopefully they will be more attractive. Good looking or not, they sure tasted good!


Chloe playing with her new mailbox. Jillian took over most of Chloe's new toys. I guess that's what I can expect. Good to know with Christmas coming up!


Blowing out the candle. I figured Chloe wouldn't be able to manage a cake ball so she got an actual slice of cake.


She dug right in!



"Yum!"


Messy girl.


Unwrapping gifts.


Soft, cuddly friends.


Jilly giving a hand (of course!).


Chloe with all her loot! Chloe had a good day and loved all of her gifts! Thanks to those who sent her gifts and birthday wishes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already one. What a year. She is such a cutie and such a good baby. Wish I was there to give her a hug. Thanks for wrapping up the gift from us.

love,
MOM

Marci Roberts said...

I'm glad she had a good birthday. She is looking a little more chunky to me. You know even though I have worked in medicine, I think it would be very different when it is your own child.

Heather J. said...

I love her pigtails! I can't wait to see you guys. The girls have gone up so much since the summer.