Monday, December 10, 2007

Movie night

We finally got to see The Golden Compass! I've been battling a nasty cold (which is even nastier when you're pregnant as I was limited in what drugs I could take to fight it off) so when it came out on Friday we had to put a hold on our plans to go see it. But I've been feeling better today and so we went. Turns out that babies in utero don't really like loud movies. At least mine doesn't. When the movie got to really loud parts all she would do is squirm and move around so much that it made me have to get up and pee. And we weren't very smart because we sat near the top of the theater so I had to climb up and down a lot of stairs to get to and from the bathroom. I thought I was going to put myself in labor just by climbing all the stairs. I figure that this is our last movie theater experience for awhile as you can't just get up and go on a whim once you've got a baby so I enjoyed for what it was and prayed that the kid stayed put at least until we got our $12 worth (we went to a matinee, that's why it was so cheap). Anyway, the movie was good but the book is so much better. You know, the normal book made into movie senario.

3 comments:

Sam said...

fun stuff! I saw Pirates (the first one) the night before Ash was born... so then when people heard I had her they were all saying "wait, I just saw her at the movies the other day" (it was at the theater I used to work at, so I knew people there)...

Anonymous said...

Reading that reminded me of going to see the fourth Harry Potter movie when I was eight months pregnant with Vance. The first time we went I was so mad because we got stuck on the very first row and I was practically in tears because I couldn't see anything. The second time we went was on Thanksgiving and I sat way up high so I could see it and I had to track up and down the stairs to go the bathroom a couple of times, but I could see the movie so I was happy. By the way, that is the last movie I have seen in the theater...
Heather

mommymelb said...

I went into labor with Courtney at the movie theater! I was with mom, dad, the boys, and Cassidy. I kept having to get up and walk around through the contractions. Mom just kept saying, "Sit down Melanie, Cassidy's just fine." I didn't tell them that I was in labor until after! In hindsight, I am so glad my water didn't break there! (But then again, I've never had that public experience!!!)

Good luck in the upcoming weeks!