Monday, March 24, 2008

Grandma Opal

Sean and I are going to Washington this week. We found out on Saturday that Sean's Grandma Opal has passed away. I know Sean really cared for his Grandma, she was his caregiver when he was little and she always was ready to feed us whenever we came to visit even if we had just eaten. She was always watching out for Sean and his sister. This is a picture of Sean with his grandma, obviously not recent...Grandma Opal often told a story about Sean that made her laugh. It was Christmas and Sean was about 5 years old. His cousin had gotten a remote controlled car for Christmas and not to be outdone Sean exclaimed, "Oh, yeah? Well, I got remote controlled socks!" Everyone got a big chuckle out of that. I think Grandma Opal always thought Sean was a funny kid and this was one of her memories of that and she often told me the story of Sean and his remote controlled socks. Grandma Opal, you will be missed!

0 comments: