Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mobile

Jillian got a new mobile this week. The mobile is very cute with little bright bugs around it and it shines moons and stars onto a canopy at night time. The only trouble with the "dreams-in-sight" mobile is that there is no dreaming when it's on. Jillian loves to look at it. Even if I put her in the crib when she's very sleepy she'll wake right up when I turn on the mobile. In fact, last night when I put her back to bed after her 4 am feeding I turned it on twice and she still didn't get the hint that it was sleepy time (it runs for 10 minutes then automatically shuts off). I don't know if it's too much stimulation that she just gets too excited to sleep and has to watch or if it's just new and she'll get over the novelty of it soon and go to sleep.


3 comments:

Sam said...

awwww... I LOVE that middle picture of her (the close-up one)... so so cute! Neat mobile too, maybe eventually the novelty will wear off? Or she will always think it's great fun to watch... too cute

Anonymous said...

Do you turn the lights on for her to watch at night? Maybe it won't make a difference. I hope she starts sleeping better with it, since I'm the one that recommended it!
-Heather

Berkley said...

The sleep book I'm reading says to make their room as dark and quiet as possible b/c even the slightest stimulation could keep them awake. It looks fun though! Maybe it would be good when she wakes up...?