Monday, March 3, 2008

Moving

It was about that time. Time for Jillian to move into her own room. Up until now she's been sleeping in her bassinet at the foot of our bed. But since she insists on sucking on her fingers so loudly we had to move her so we could get some sleep at night (it obviously didn't prevent her from sleeping since she'll suck on them when she's awake, asleep, and half asleep). We were all set to do make the move on Friday night but it just got so late and we weren't ready (the bumper for her crib was still in the dryer) so we just stuck her in the bassinet for one more night. Saturday night rolled around and I had been putting her in the crib all day for her naps and she seemed content enough so I we tried it out at night and we slept so well that she was screaming before I woke up enough in the middle of the night to feed her. In fact, Sean woke up before me and that is really saying something. He can sleep through alarm clocks, earthquakes, and probably the apocalypse. The funny thing is Jillian is now sleeping only 10 feet away from where she was when she was in our room (we live in a small apartment). Our rooms share a wall and the doorways are only about a foot away from each other and we didn't close the doors. Luckily, Jillian only gets up once in the night. If she got up more than that we might just sleep right on through her cries. Last night was better, I did hear her before she sounded panicked so I'm thinking this will work out. Sean and I are feeling much more rested and that's always a good feeling!

4 comments:

Marci Roberts said...

Do you have a baby monitor? It might help you hear her sooner but it also may allow you to still hear her sucking.

Anonymous said...

I use a baby monitor even though we aren't very far from Tanner's room. Glad you are getting some sleep. I'm not! The past two nights Tanner has woken up various times screaming, crying, carrying on and such...oh, I hate teething!
-Heather

Sam said...

yay for babies in cribs... it sounds like she sleeps longer than Godzilla!

Good luck getting some sleep!

mommymelb said...

I want a baby that only wakes up once....we're sleepless here lately. (Blame it on the teeth!)

I'm glad your getting some sleep though. It feels so nice when that happens!