Monday, April 13, 2009

Check-up

Jillian had her...uhem... 12 month check up today (yeah, we're three months late! We have a good excuse though, we've been insurance-less for the last 3 months). Here are her stats:

Jillian is 30 inches long which puts her in the 31st percentile and is 19 lbs 14 oz which puts her in the 8th percentile. So, she's still pretty shrimpy. And in case you are concerned we still have her in a backwards facing carseat even though I can get her to weigh 20.5 lbs on my home scale. She is looking good and is healthy even though she's a bit small. We were at the doctor's office for two hours today because her appointment took a long time and then I had to get some bloodwork done. I felt bad that I had to bring her in with me to get some blood drawn because as soon as she saw the needle go into my arm she started to cry. I guess the memory of her shots were way too fresh. I assured her that I was ok but that didn't console her. I did whip out a piece of candy and that made things all better. Amazing what a little bit of sugar can do.

4 comments:

Sheila C. said...

My girls were always on the small side to and I just say "lucky them!!!"

Heather J. said...

I'm not even going to tell you the ages of my boys when they were around 19-20 lbs! However, Tanner is not much taller than Jillian. I can't remember if he was 31 or 31.5 inches long at his 18 month check up either way he is a shorty! Uh, he ways a lot more than her though. ;)

Melissa said...

That's funny about the shots. You'd think she wouldn't notice. But she's a woman after my own heart...pacified by candy.

Anonymous said...

I hope you got all your questions answered. She is little but she is busy!!

mom