Sunday, July 20, 2008

Catching Up with Old Friends

There's nothing like your high school friends. When I get together with Melissa and Josh, two of my very best friends growing up, we have the best time. We laugh about the stupid things we did in high school and bring up memories that have long been pushed to the back of our minds. We can give each other a hard time because we don't have any secrets, there is no one to impress. We know the best and the worst of one another because we survived adolescence together. And maybe we're not as thin as we were, and maybe we've had different life experiences since high school but I feel like I'm 16 again when we all get together.


Melissa and Holly in Leavenworth after a choir contest in 1997.

Melissa and Holly in 2008.

Holly and Josh during Youth Conference in 1998 (Josh must have been strong, he's holding me up).

Melissa, Josh, and Holly in 2008.

Thanks to Melissa and Josh for a fun Saturday. You guys are the best!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay, that made me tear up a little. You're a jerk for bringing the sentiment out in me. I love you babe and am so glad we got to hang out yesterday, and I'm especially glad I got to meet your adorable little Jilly!

Heather J. said...

Oh, how fun! Glad you were able to get together with some of your friends. Josh never struck me as being very strong so maybe you were lighter than you thought! I think the picture of you and Melissa is adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

You and Melissa look pretty much the same. Just more mature. But Josh..... He could be a different person. Glad you had fun. The old friends can never be replaced in your heart.

MOM