Thursday, July 24, 2008

Essay Topics and rambling

I like to write and I've been out of the habit of doing it (except for a few posts on my good ol' blog here) so I was doing a search for essay topics because I find it much easier to write if I don't have to come up with something on my own. Anyway, I googled "essay topics" and the first one that popped up was this..."Persuasive Essay Topics and Original Ideas For Your Essay!" Excuse me, but if someone is telling you what to write an essay about, doesn't that make it an unoriginal idea? Maybe I don't know the meaning of the word. Upon googling the definition of original (I love google) this is what I got:

(of e.g. information) not secondhand or by way of something intermediary;
"his work is based on only original, not secondary, sources"

Ok, so I do know what original means. This definition makes the claim of "Original Ideas" false.

Thank you for reading my original essay about unoriginal essay topics. Maybe next time my topic will not be on such an original idea.

0 comments: