Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dishwashers and balconies

It started out like a normal Saturday. I got up early to reorganize the closet in the baby's room (nesting, remember). I cleaned for awhile and then got Sean up to help me out. He decided he would help by doing the dishes. He started up the dishwasher and we went back to organizing the closet. Sean happened to go into the kitchen a few minutes later and I hear him say something I won't repeat on the blog. So I go into the kitchen to find our dishwasher overflowing and refusing to drain. Sean goes to the office to let them know we need some maintainance assistance (the only good part about living in an apartment). When he comes back he tells me that a lady in our complex is locked out of her apartment on her balcony with her two year old inside. Long story short, Sean called the fire department and they came and broke into her apartment through her window to let her in. Sean is officially the hero of the day. Him and all those firemen.

2 comments:

Sam said...

wow, lucky he saw that - that'd be scary for her!

mommymelb said...

I love that your nesting already. I didn't nest with Grace until AFTER she was born, how messed up is that!?!?

Oh and I'm glad Sean saved the day!