Friday, October 26, 2007

Blessing Dress

This is my other project that I've been working. I was inspired by my cousin Melanie to make Jillian's blessing dress (Melanie made her daughter Gracie's dress). So I broke out the sewing machine that I got for Christmas last year and started sewing away. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as my last real sewing project was probably my prom dress in high school a million years ago (well, 11 if you want to be exact. Gosh I'm old...). I did end up melting my fabric with my iron but I think I covered it up nicely and I don't think you can tell. And if you can, just pretend for my sake that you can't:) I think it turned out nicely although I think it will be much cuter on a baby. My current project is knitting a blanket for this little girl of mine but I'm not as excited about it so it mostly sits on my table untouched. But it's started. Be looking for pictures of that...I won't say soon but in the future.

3 comments:

mommymelb said...

Your dress turned out very cute. I like the pink ribbon. You should have told me you were making it, I totally would have let you borrow my pattern!

It looks wonderful, I can't wait to see her in it!

mommymelb said...

Oh yeah, I cheated on Gracie's knitted blanket. I used 4 strands of yarn and size 50 needles. It knitted up FAST! Which was good, since I wasn't too hip on doing it either!

Sam said...

so cute, I'm impressed Hol!