Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Long time no post

We made it back from our short Washington trip safely. Jillian had about enough of the car by yesterday evening and decided to let her feelings known. Too bad we were still 2 hours away! We did make it in one piece even if our ears were still ringing from the crying. Sean and I had a good time seeing family even if it was for a sad occasion. Sean's grandmother's funeral was very nice and there were a lot of people there to say goodbye to her. I guess if you've lived as long as she had you build up a lot of friends and family! Jillian was a big hit with everyone. We heard over and over how cute she was. We always knew she was adorable but it's nice when everyone else thinks so too. Saves time trying to convince people you have an adorable daughter. Sean and I even had a minute to eat at our favorite restaurant without a baby. My gracious mother babysat while we enjoyed yummy Mexican food. And she really was gracious as Jillian had the worst blow-out that she's ever had about 10 minutes after we left and Grandma was stuck cleaning it up! It was sad to go yesterday morning but it was nice to sleep in our own bed and let Jilly sleep in her crib. I am not happy about the cold weather we came back to but I hear it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week so I guess I can be patient for a couple days.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The funny thing about Jillian is I can totally see you in picture and then in another picture I see Sean. She's a little chameleon! She looks like both of you.

Heather J. said...

Mom showed me some pictures he had on her camera while you were home. So cute. I love Jillian's dress and her hair is awesome. The bath in the sink pictures cracked me up.

Holly and Matthew said...

OH how adorable! She is so precious Holly! ;) WOW! I love the little video of her giggling as well. :) What a little sweetheart. How is everything going? :)