Monday, April 28, 2008

100 Interesting Things About Me

Ok, I was tagged...again...and this one seems hard but I'm going to give it a shot.

1. I was born Holly Porter, no middle name.
2. I was born in Logan, UT on September 24, 1980.
3. My mom was shocked that I had dark hair when I was born.
4. I am the oldest of 5.
5. None of my other siblings had dark hair as babies. (I guess this isn't an interesting fact about me...just go with it).
6. I have been married for 4 years.
7. I married a boy I went to high school with.
8. He was in my PE class.
9. He remembers me wrestling Melissa Phillips in said PE class.
10. I didn't talk to my husband when we were in high school.
11. In fact, if you would've told me then I was going to marry him I would've laughed at you.
12. I graduated from college unmarried (I went to BYU so I thought this was quite an accomplishment).
13. I have a daughter.
14. She is the most precious thing in my life.
15. And the most adorable thing I've ever seen.
16. Everyone thinks she looks like me when I was a baby. Of course, this is why she's adorable. I'm a little vain. She also has lots of dark hair, but it's curly (that's from her Dad).
17. I was praying so hard that I could quit my job after she was born and when the opportunity came up I almost didn't take it.
18. Sometimes I don't realize that Heavenly Father really answers our prayers (see #17).
19. I quit my job to be a full time mom.
20. Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had.
21. It's also the most rewarding job I've ever had.
22. I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the TV show, not the movie).
23. And Angel (the spin off of Buffy).
24. I own both series on DVD.
25. This cost me more money then I'm willing to figure out and then admit to spending on television shows.
26. I've seen all of the Buffy series straight through 4 times.
27. I always cry at the series finale of Buffy, no matter how many times I watch it.
28. I cry at everything these days.
29. I used to hate the Gilmore Girls. It's on at noon and 6pm and I watch it every day. It's the one show I try not to miss and now I wonder why I hated it all these years.
30. I love to read.
31. I'm currently reading the Anne of Green Gables series (again). I'm on the last book.
32. I'm annoyed that the Anne of Green Gables movies are not really like the books, mostly just the third movie. It is way off base. Nothing like anything written by L. M. Montgomery.
33. I love to play the Sims 2.
34. I was just put in the Activities Committee at church. Seems like it'll be a fun calling.
35. I was the only bride at the temple the day I got married.
36. I was married in January.
37. It was the first sunny day of the year the day I got married.
38. I was 10 minutes late to my parents house on my wedding day so we could all drive to the temple and they started getting nervous that I wasn't going to show up. Sean wasn't nervous. I didn't mean to be late. It was my wedding day, I needed to look good!
39. I don't think anything I've listed is even very interesting.
40. I have very vivid dreams (see post entitled 'Dreams').
41. I remember at least one dream I had during the night every morning when I wake.
42. I forget the dream I remembered by noon.
43. Unless of course I make it a point to remember.
44. I get annoyed at movies that are based on almost meetings such as 'Serendipity', I mean, come on...she's right there the whole time!
45. I have some really amazing friends.
46. I love my family. All of it. The immediate, the extended, the in-laws even:)
47. I feel like I'll never be as good of a mother as my mom was.
48. I am an eternal optimist. I always try to look on the bright side of things and people.
49. I don't know why Sean puts up with me sometimes.
50. I'm losing all of my hair (it's a post baby thing for all of you who don't have kids).
51. Although I'm an optimist, I'm also a worrier. I'm not sure how I can be both at the same time.
52. I'm afraid of the telephone.
53. I love candy.
54. I think I'm addicted to candy.
55. And cookies.
56. But my favorite is cheesecake.
57. I kissed my husband first when we were dating.
58. I don't mind doing laundry but I hate doing dishes (just the opposite of Melissa, we should work something out...).
59. My house is usually a mess.
60. I hate to get dirty.
61. I feel like I'm an oxymoron.
62. I stress over stupid things.
63. I like to think I'm a funny person.
64. I haven't rented a movie in over 3 years.
65. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since before Christmas.
66. I am naturally smart so I never learned how to study. How I made it through college I can never understand.
67. I am a registered CNA.
68. I also have a degree in Human Development.
69. Sometimes I think I should have gone into nursing.
70. When I think this I remember how much I don't like blood and other bodily fluids.
71. I grew up in Burley, ID. I moved to Zillah, WA when I was 13. I think it sounds cooler now to say I'm from Washington than from Idaho.
72. I was devastated when my parents told me we were moving from ID to WA. If we hadn't, I would have never met my husband.
73. I usually leave the TV on when I'm home alone (or just with Jillian) just to have noise. I don't like to be alone at night when it's quiet.
74. I'm getting awfully close to 30 and it scares me.
75. I don't feel like I'm old enough to be close to 30.
76. I've been teased my whole life for two things:
77. My height (I'm 5'2').
78. My pale skin.
79. I hate shaving my legs.
80. I secretly hope someone will nominate me for TLC's "What Not to Wear."
81. I really hope I don't dress that badly to be nominated.
82. I'm in love with Chris Martin, the lead singer of Coldplay.
83. Sean knows.
84. I check my favorite blogs multiple times a day just to see if they've been updated.
85. Sometimes I miss being single. Life was much simpler then.
86. I wouldn't trade Sean and Jillian for anything. Even if life was simpler before them.
87. I had never missed a Christmas at home until this last Christmas when Jilly was due any day.
88. Jillian came a week late and even then I had to be induced.
89. I decided while I was in labor that I'm a wimp.
90. Jillian's birth was the most amazing thing I have ever gone through.
91. It was also the first time I ever saw Sean cry.
92. I cried when Jilly was born (see #28).
93. I'm a people pleaser.
94. I'm a pretty easy going person.
95. In turn, I get uptight about the weirdest things.
96. I can't think of examples right now, but I know Sean could give you a bunch.
97. I recently cut my hair and got bangs after swearing off bangs 15 years ago.
98. I decided bangs aren't that bad.
99. I really wish I lived in a house, not an apartment.
100. My favorite Jelly Belly flavor is Dr. Pepper.

Alrighty, I don't know if it was interesting or not but Heather and Laura...you're it (if you're up to it)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooooooove Buffy and Angel too. Did you ever get into Firefly?

Melissa said...

I love it! You really make me laugh, Holly...and yes, I'll do the dishes if you'll do my laundry. I have a basket of freshly laundered clothing right now.

Heather J. said...

I bet you wrestling Melissa must have been quite memorable. Did she pin you? I'm going to guess that she did considering her families wrestling history compared to ours.

Berkley said...

Number 63 is true. I never realized how funny you were when I lived with you! And any time I see anything to do with Buffy, I always think of you.

mommymelb said...

These were fun to read! Thanks for posting them

Unknown said...

Loved all the info. I'm not ignoring your tag - I'll get to it eventually! :) Gilmore Girls is one of the few English programs on over here, so I've gotten into it as well! :) Funny how perspectives change....

Erin said...

Hi Holly! I added your link to my blog too...

Yeah, I can site down at night to play the Sims2 and then I realize that several hours have gone by and I should be sleeping because I have to work in a couple of hours. It's frightenly addicting...