Sunday, September 7, 2008

'80's Night

We had a church activity last night and the theme was "80's Night." So I put on my hippest '80's threads, ratted my hair, curled my bangs and feathered them and away we went. I had a lot of people come up to me and tell me that they didn't recognize me. I'm so glad because I don't know if I want to look like I stepped out of that crazy hair and make-up era all the time.
Of course, Jillian had to participate with her 'popped' collar and her side ponytail. I had more trouble getting Sean to play along but he did wear his Star Wars t-shirt which is actually depicting a scene from "A New Hope" which was released in 1978 but no one called him out on it which I think he was disappointed about. Always the rebel that one...

Anyway, we had a fun time and got home with some Fun Dip candy and wax bottles, classic '80's candies and friendship bracelet. Go '80's!

4 comments:

Heather J. said...

Not everyone can be as into Star Wars as Sean... Stephen wouldn't have dressed up either. Those rebel husbands of ours.

Edmond said...

Hey, I remember Marie Osmond with hair like that. Oh, that was just last month. Ha Ha

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, Holly, that is AWESOME! Love the bracelets. I need to find me some of those before November. We are going to the NKOTB concert in Salt Lake and I think we totally need to glam it up like that....

Anonymous said...

I bet I could out Star Wars Sean. I'll have to post a picture of my wedding invitations on my blog. :-D

Also, the 80's were a terrifying time, fashion-wise.