Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday and for the occasion I am going to list 50 reason why my mom is great. 1. She is fun.

2. My mom is optimistic.


3. My mom is friendly.


4. My mom is a genuinely nice person.


5. My mom is smart. Case in point: One time we were at a school board meeting and she got up to voice her opinion (I was in high school at the time) and she was using words I didn't know the meaning to. I guess she didn't need to use big words around me (because obviously I didn't know what they meant...) I always thought my dad was the smart one in my family but my mom is definitely a smart cookie.


6. My mom is a great grandma.


7. My mom is a great birthing coach. Sorry, Heather, you didn't get to experience this but when Sean was falling apart in the delivery room, Mom was right there being an amazing cheerleader.


8. My mom is crazy. She would do the most fun things when we were little, like backwards dinners and Family Olympics.


9. My mom is exciting. She's always up for a new adventure.


10. My mom is determined.


11. My mom is happy.


12. My mom is loving.


13. My mom is creative. You should see how many quilts, bags, outfits, dolls, stuffed animals, paintings, calligraphy writings, paintings, (this list could go on a lot longer) my mom has made. Amazing.


14. My mom is a good cook.


15. My mom is always thinking of others.


16. My mom is selfless.


17. My mom is involved.


18. My mom is not afraid to be herself and has taught me the same.


19. My mom has a wonderful sense of humor.


20. My mom loves to laugh.


21. My mom is often smiling (unless one of her kids is in trouble!).


22. My mom is very spiritual.


23. My mom is giving of her self, her time, her talents, anything she can give.


24. My mom is talented. She can play the piano, sing, play the flute, act, touch her nose with her tongue (hey, not a lot of people can do that...).


25. She is caring.


26. My mom is beautiful.


27. My mom loves those around her.


28. My mom is a good mom, she's still raising kids and I wonder how I'll ever measure up to her.


29. My mom loves to try new things.


30. My mom is a good homemaker.


31. My mom is a DIY (do-it-yourself) person. She is always working on a new project.


32. My mom loves to read, which is why most of her kids love to read too.


33. My mom is on the ball. She is one busy woman always has some activity going but takes time out if we need her.


34. My mom is calm.


35. My mom is a planner.


36. My mom is helpful.


37. My mom is going back to school after being away for 30 years. What persistence!


38. My mom is a good listener.


39. My mom is a good speaker.


40. My mom is interesting.


41. My mom is thoughtful. She always asks us what we want to do and what we want to eat while we are visiting.


42. My mom is considerate.


43. My mom believes in killing people with kindness instead of getting even or mad.


44. After having me, my mom decided to have four more kids. My mom is patient.


45. My mom doesn't butt in. She gives her opinion but doesn't meddle.


46. My mom lets me make mistakes, because how else would I learn?


47. My mom is an early riser. Something I strive to be but I like sleeping too much!


48. My mom loves to learn, she is always trying new things.


49. My mom is outgoing.


50. My mom is not afraid to ask for something she wants. This is just a small example but we were buying a dress for a high school dance and my mom asked the lady if the dress would be going on sale anytime soon. The lady said yes and gave my mom a discount! She taught me that it never hurts to ask.
I hope you have a great birthday, Mom! I love you!

1 comments:

Heather J. said...

That was a cool idea and now I feel like a deadbeat for not doing it myself. haha. Oh well, I agree with all the things you said, does that count? :)