Monday, September 15, 2008

Blessing Dress Revisited

My mom gives pretty sound advice so when I told her I was going to make a dress for Jillian's blessing she told me not to make it the newborn size and to make it the next size up. That seemed reasonable (what if I had a monster-sized baby. We know that this is possible as evidenced by the size of my nephews...love you, Vance and Tanner!). I know Jillian is a little small for her age so I thought maybe I would try on her blessing dress today just to see if it still fits....This is Jillian on the day she was blessed on February 10th. What a tiny little thing!

This is Jillian today in the same dress.

I think it fits better now than it did 7 months ago. She did want to crawl around while wearing the dress which I frowned upon and quickly snatched her from her hands and knees. She got a little lost in all the fabric, the dress is still quite long on her, but it fit around her perfectly. Maybe I ought to go get her professional pictures done in her blessing dress like I wanted to a few months ago...

3 comments:

Heather J. said...

oh, she looks so precious in her beautiful blessing dress. I'm glad you thought to put her in it. And yes, my boys are huge! I really want/need professional pics done of the boys and our family.

Unknown said...

Jillian is so precious! And seriously Holly, I am so impressed by the dress. How neat for Jillian to have a dress that her mommy made! :)

Sam said...

oooooh, you so should do professional pictures in it, those would look so good! And besides LOOKING good - it'd just be extra-cool that it was in the dress you made for her. Totally go for it!