Monday, January 28, 2008

Babies Sleep Anywhere

In third grade I had to memorize a poem and recite it in front of all the other third graders in my school. The poem I chose to memorize was called "Cats Sleep Anywhere." I wore a black unitard and little cat ears and my mom made me a tail that we pinned on the bum of my outfit. I can only remember a few lines of that poem now (not bad, that was 20 years ago!) and it goes:

Cats sleep anywhere
Any table any chair
On the couch,
Window ledge
In the middle,
On the edge...*

But I think I should change the words to: "Babies sleep anywhere." Jillian sleeps in the most uncomfortable looking places. Halfway upside down on her daddy's lap, on my lap with her head under my arm, and with her arms up in the air like the cops just told her to "freeze." But she can sleep in any of these positions for hours so I guess she's comfy, so we just let her sleep in her crazy positions.

*I can't remember who to attribute this poem to, so to the author, I am sorry!

2 comments:

Marv Loucks said...

http://www.catquotes.com/catssleepanywhere.htm

Apparently it was written by Eleanor Farjeon (1881 - 1965)I found it so I thought I would let you know!

Anonymous said...

That picture cracks me up! When Vance was a baby I would cradle him in my arms and he would burrow his head so far down between my body and the chair that he'd be pretty much off my lap while he slept.
-Heather